Welcome...

For those that like to dream, come in. For those that like to laugh, come in. For those that like to cry and be inspired...please come in. Our family is like any other, but is extraordinary in it's own right. Come and join us at our campfire and laugh a little, cry a little and leave us, but please come back. We love company...

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The chaos it all is...

You know, with my life being what it is I sometimes forget that most people do not live with the kind of chaos that I live with. I am so used to it that it escapes me.

Just yesterday I had my 9 kids, plus 2 neighbor kids playing at our home. Some were outside building a fort in the snow, some were inside watching tv. McKenna was on the computer facebooking with her friends and Megan and her friend Alex were making cookies. Aside from a few bedrooms, there were people in every room of the house. I was talking on the phone with Polly and I tried to find a quiet place to talk. I started in the kitchen...well, there were like 5 other people in there so I wandered to the living room. 3 more people there playing Wii. My bedroom....Skyler trying to nap. Well, that leaves one of the kids bedrooms or the basement. I went downstairs trying to count heads while on my way down to see if mentally every one was accounted for so that the basement would be free. Alas...there was one person watching tv down there. Ok then...that leaves the laundry room...where I promptly went and plopped myself down on a pile of dirty laundry(there was no place else to sit!) and proceeded to talk. What's truly funny about this situation is that this is a common occurrence in our household. Sometimes I talk in the bathroom because it's the only free room.

Most people that are close to me know that the chaos comes with the territory. Lots of people, lots of noise, lots of things to do and people to do them with. Most of my friends and neighbors call knowing that they might have to scream for me to hear them and they will be interrupted several times by kids fighting, wanting ice cream and the door bell. Some are not so used to it though. Our poor hometeachers look completely rundown every time they leave our home. Some kids refuse to play here due to the noise level and some friends will only call or come by when everyone is at school so as to avoid the madness. Me? I am just plain used to it. It wouldn't be my home if I didn't have to trip on 3 people while trying to make sandwiches in the kitchen. It wouldn't be my home if you didn't have to search for an open toilet and hope there aren't toys in it when you need to go. It wouldn't be my home if you came by and got to sit quietly on the couch and chat without leaving with sticky pants and fewer objects in your purse than what you came with.

It is chaos, it is noise, it is ridiculous but it is all mine. I love it and when all is said and done, I wouldn't change it for the world......

most days.

No comments:

Post a Comment