After spending so much time of Pinterest as of late I have found that my bucket list has grown exponentially. However, it has grown in ways I never thought possible. My thoughts often go to a list of "have to's before I die" and it's an interesting one. This one might be a blog that has several addendum's as time goes by and new ideas occur to me....so let's get it started, shall we?
I do not want to go down the most popular road with this entry. I want to take the road less traveled. Seriously, doesn't everyone want to travel to the tropics? Or sail around the world? Go whale watching in Alaska or fly in an air balloon? I think those things are gimme's, so I think I may try to stray from the norm here....
1. I want to walk the quiet, beautiful streets of Morano Calabro in the South of Italy. It's not a super popular destination, but a beautiful one rich with history. After all, the south of Italy is such a beautiful place.
2. Of all the places the Savior walked and taught, I really want to see the Sea of Galilee. This is where he calmed the waters and saved the fishermen. I often find that he calms the waters of my life and saves me on a daily basis. Why not be where I can put a visual to it?
3. Hold in my arms at least one beautiful grandchild. I know someday I will have some, but I want to make sure I am around for it. Don't we all take life for granted just a bit? We go along, living and making plans and sometimes life is jerked out from under us without warning. So, I made it to the point where I got to hold my own children in my arms, now I want the grandbabies...
4. I have always wanted to learn to read palms. Sounds funny, but I always have. I think I might have to look into some classes.
5. I want to attend one soccer match on an international level. Probably a championship. The rest of the world seems to love these things above all else, why not let yourself sink into the adrenaline and excitement of being at one?
6. Visit Africa. All of it. From South Africa where it is predominantly white to northern Africa where it is almost all sand. I want to see it all, but admittedly I want to get to know the people there. I think there are no more humble people than the people of Africa.
7. Go on one very awesome vacation with my family. Most specifically to Atlantis. That resort looks like the best family place in the world...I HAVE to try it!
8. Be an extra in a major motion picture. Sounds like a blast. I want to be the waiter at the restaurant while Tom Cruise and some leading lady, like Cameron Diaz plan to save the world. My fifteen minutes in the limelight!
9. Write a book. I know which one I want to write and by darn I will do it one day...I promise Susie, I will!
10. Visit the Louvre. Love love love this idea. So much beautiful artwork in one area...so worth the time and money for sure!
11. Learn another language. I am not sure which one, but I want to do it all the same. I know a bit of Spanish and I think that's the most useful one considering so many people here in our land speak it, but Chinese sounds appealing too!
12. Visit all 50 of the United States. Not just visit, but learn about them. When they became a part of the Union, the history of the state, the pros and cons of each. I love to travel and this would be such an awesome learning experience, not to mention fun! Oh, and it would have to be by Winnebago!
13. Go snorkeling on The Great Barrier Reef. Beauty all around I say!
14. Spend one day on a crab boat in the Bering Sea. I might even want to throw a line, grab a crab and spend some time on deck. Would love to have some time with the most dangerous job in the world.
15. Walk a while on the Great Wall of China. I don't necessarily want to see all seven wonders of the world, but that one I might. How magnificent. Beautiful culture, beautiful people and beautiful landscape.
16. Learn to fly a plane. I absolutely love to fly and it sounds wonderful to be able to be the one actually flying the plane. I don't think I would want to do it all the time, just knowing I can if I wanted to....
17. Visit the biggest and most beautiful castles in Scotland. So green, so quiet, so grand. I love places that are so incredibly rich in history. Wide open spaces appeal to me more than crowded ones.
18. Shop one day on Rodeo Drive. There's a lot of money involved with that one, but to shop with the rich and famous for one day would be fun. After that I'm good. To be honest, I don't even really like to shop.
19. Go to a carnival in Rio De Janeiro. Talk about people that can party. I wouldn't want to drink or anything, but experience the food, festival and fun would be a once in a lifetime thing.
20. Spend a day Hillbilly Handfishin. Talk about redneck hick kind of stuff, but wouldn't it be fun? Stand in mud to my neck, stick my hand in the mouth of a catfish and watch while the toothless guide cheers me on!
21. Spend one week in the most luxurious hotel in Manhattan and get waited on hand and foot. Shows, tours and fine dining while there would be a must. Experience the best that most famous city on earth has to offer.
22. One whole day walking the hills of Cumorah. So rich in my own religions history. I would love to see what Joseph might have been seeing and hear the voices of our ancestors in the songs of birds there. Spiritual beauty in it's fullest.
23. Be a part of my very own 50th wedding anniversary. So few get to that point anymore, robbed of this experience through death or divorce. I want to look into Jon's eyes, old with time, and spent of energy, but there with me all the same. How many people can say they get to that point anymore?
24. Not only be in the room, but holding the hand of a loved one as they cross over to the other side. It would be a privilege to be the last person a loved one sees before they die. It would comfort me as much as them, I would hope.
25. Swim with the dolphins. I would love to be a temporary part of this sea creatures family for a few minutes. I am sure if mystical creatures actually existed God would have made me a mermaid. I was born near the sea, I love to be close to the sea and if I can I want to die on it's warm beaches. I love the ocean in all it's glory!
That's all for now, I am sure as I go throughout all my days I will think of a million things to add to this list, but I think that's it for now. I will go and continue to dream, pursue and work towards all these things. Good luck on your own journeys friends...make every moment count!