Welcome...

For those that like to dream, come in. For those that like to laugh, come in. For those that like to cry and be inspired...please come in. Our family is like any other, but is extraordinary in it's own right. Come and join us at our campfire and laugh a little, cry a little and leave us, but please come back. We love company...

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

And the winner is....

Boy...I thought I had a flare for the dramatic. I grew up doing drama...especially once I got to high school. I loved being there. Every play, every show, every competition...and it showed in my every day life. My mother would get so frustrated with me, my dad would roll his eyes at me and my brother would just sit on me. None of them truly knew what to do with me.

But I have to admit that as dramatic as I was growing up...my kids are that much more now. I knew that eye color, health issues and even a funny pinky toe were all traits that you could inherit...but drama? Now I know why my mom would get frustrated, my dad would roll his eyes and Mark would resort to just shutting me up by sitting on me. I must have been a handful.

Some of my kids are loud...I mean really really loud. When you talk to them you have to yell just to be heard...then they cry out "Why are you yelling at me? You hate me!"

Then there's those kids that are quiet but so incredibly sensitive. "Please do not hit your brother....got it?" "Well...he hit me and you don't care...you never care about me, it's always about him!"

Then there's the drama of you can't approach the kid without them thinking you are attacking them. "Hun...will you please get off the computer, I know you have some work to make up and you have that math test tomorrow..." "Oh my gosh mom...you are always on my back, you don't trust me, you don't like me. You hate everything I do and nothing is ever good enough...is it?"

There are times where I will walk all the way around the room to look the child non aggressively in the eye to see if they are going to explode when I ask them put away the milk they just left out. Sometimes I laugh at the kids thinking surely they will all laugh with me and the one child stomps out of the room feelings hurt and crying and my oldest will walk past me with a "nice one mom"...great...the same joke went over great yesterday.

I have decided that being the mom of 9 kids is like being a school teacher. I am always trying to keep control, while never really having it, I am always trying to teach while there's always one kiddo that is trying to undo the teaching moment, and the curriculum that worked for this bunch just is not getting through to that bunch.

Drama drama and more drama...and I thought I put my parents through grief....oh my...

No comments:

Post a Comment