Welcome...

For those that like to dream, come in. For those that like to laugh, come in. For those that like to cry and be inspired...please come in. Our family is like any other, but is extraordinary in it's own right. Come and join us at our campfire and laugh a little, cry a little and leave us, but please come back. We love company...

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

That one thing?

I believe very firmly in the idea that we all have God given talents. Some of our talents are more obvious than others...such as those with extreme musical talents. Vocal, instrumental and even the ability to dance. I love those types of talents, but then again doesn't everyone? If not why would shows like So You Think You Can Dance, Dancing With The Stars and American Idol be so popular? We all love to revel in others talents. It makes us love humanity that much more and pushes most of us to want a little more with our existence once in a while.

My question here though it this. What is your talent? I know for a fact that I can look at the people around me and rattle right off the top of my head what their talents are. For example, my dad. His talent is medical. He is one of the best cardiologists The University of Utah Hospital has ever seen. Kristine Webb's talents with material, thread and a sewing machine are astounding, Mary Anderson's talents with decorating never cease to amaze me, my mother-in-law can knit like no one I know and Chris Derieg can sweet talk just about anyone and everyone.

I think I know where most of my talents lie, but what about the rest of you? You go along everyday doing what you do, working, eating, sleeping and functioning, but I would love for you all to sit and think for a long time at what you might think your God given talents are. What little thing you might contribute to making the life and lives of those around you better, happier and more fulfilling. The Lord would not put us on the earth with nothing. He has not left us without lifelines. His is first and foremost, but he also gave each of us something to help ourselves and each other. He wants us to depend on Him, but he also wants us to grow, learn and use those things we have been given to enrich the lives of those around us.

I am a people watcher. I like to see what folks are up to, I imagine what theirs lives are and who they carry along the path with them. I like to think every soul has a purpose and that God looks at each one of us and loves us for who we are and what we give to those around us. I am having a rough time right now, but interestingly enough it's not myself that occupies my thoughts, it's those around me. I look at each of you and think what you have meant to me in my life, I guess I wonder what I have meant to you in your life.

Have I done any good in the world today?

1 comment:

  1. I hope you truly know where your talents lie. My absolute favorite thing about you is your contagious smile and the natural ease I feel in your company. I wish I could see auras around people. That might be kind of fun, but I do feel them. If I could see yours though, I think it might be a sunny blue, like a desert sky. Have you done any good? Yes Julie, you have.

    ReplyDelete