Welcome...

For those that like to dream, come in. For those that like to laugh, come in. For those that like to cry and be inspired...please come in. Our family is like any other, but is extraordinary in it's own right. Come and join us at our campfire and laugh a little, cry a little and leave us, but please come back. We love company...

Friday, April 23, 2010

I knew it was going to happen...

It's not done yet....it's a work in progress. My kids are growing up. I knew it would happen, one day at a time. I still remember so vividly the days when I would send McKenna out the door to the bus, pregnant with Lacie and close the door to the house and look down at those other three little faces and think..."wow, your getting so big!". That was an eon ago...at least it seemed it.

This year marks some huge changes in my kids. McKenna will be the big 18 this year! Holy cow! I will be a parent to an adult. That is so weird to say. She still has one more year of high school, so it won't seem like she's all out and on her own or anything. But still....Then there's Megan...she will be a teenager. Of course she has been acting like one for years. Isaac will be 12 and will get the priesthood in July. Exciting! Jessi starts Kindergarten and Colby starts preschool. Landmark year for my family.

For those of you who are wondering (which is probably everyone) we are not pregnant right now. Will it happen again? I have no idea. I never thought I would have problems getting pregnant and I always assumed I would have to take drastic measures to make sure it never happened again, but with these last 9 months....and three miscarriage later...I have no idea what's going on with my body. Yes I know...it might be life telling me it's time to stop. I will let you all know if and when things change.... :)

But the kids. I am so happy to see them growing so well. They are smart (although a little mouthy at times), gorgeous (unless they are screaming at me and Jon), happy (mostly....) successful little folk. I love them and I have more or less enjoyed raising them. It's been fun.

Now, don't peg me for one of those moms that seems to make parenting look graceful. I am such a klutz when it comes to this stuff. I tell them to knock it off, threaten to throw them out windows and yell across the neighborhood about thumping skulls if they don't get home right now. (No, we don't live in a trailer park...but sometimes you would think I came straight out of one. Funny thing is that I was raised in a very nice upper class neighborhood where my dad and mom never spoke like that to me. Maybe they should have....I might have understood that language....) I am a pretty good mom. I love my kids and I try to do right by them...try being the optimum word. Despite my downfalls, they are growing up and all too fast I say.

Love them. They are great. Tomorrow I will wake up and post about my first kid getting married...and then I will really feel old!

No comments:

Post a Comment