Welcome...

For those that like to dream, come in. For those that like to laugh, come in. For those that like to cry and be inspired...please come in. Our family is like any other, but is extraordinary in it's own right. Come and join us at our campfire and laugh a little, cry a little and leave us, but please come back. We love company...

Friday, April 2, 2010

Spring Break!

I think the term "Spring Break" is very apt. I mean...what else do the kids do but break all the rules, break mom's heart and home and break everything while they are home for 5 days in a row? Yum yum...I can't wait. However, I will say that I am very happy that there is no homework for 5 days. (Anyone who thinks that homework ends when you graduate is wrong when you have kids. It starts all over again with them. I didn't like it then and I don't like it now!) I am also very happy that I don't have to load everyone in the car at 8 am and take them to school in a snowstorm. I am also happy I don't have to hear about the fact that I have not washed their "favorite" jeans and their backpacks are missing. I really do like it when school is out for a few days.

This time is going to be interesting though. Not only do we have spring break for 5 days, but we also have general conference this weekend and don't forget Easter. Rarely do we have all three end up on the same weekend. I am not really sure how it's all going to go. I might really enjoy all of it at once, but then again I may be pulling my hair out by Tuesday. Conference is always fun because our tradition is to get a bunch of new jigsaw puzzles and sit and listen to conference while we do puzzles together. It's our way of keeping the masses happy and we still get to hear conference. Well...I guess we know what the Easter Bunny will be putting in the kids baskets this year...right?

On that note I have a funny story....so I thought I had this wonderful hiding place for candy and whatnot. Hanging on a bag in my closet. So Lacie walks up to me one day and says "Mom, I want one of those marshmallow eggs in the closet...K?" "Um, no Lacie those are for something else..." "Can't you just get more for our baskets?" Ok, so I guess they don't believe as strongly in a huge bunny that runs around hiding baskets and eggs. I mean is that so much more far fetched than a round old man riding around in a flying sleigh with flying reindeer jumping down chimneys giving out gifts? I guess so....

Well, as Colby sits here at 8 am crying to me because I won't let him have ice cream at 8 am I am thinking it's gonna be a roller coaster of a weekend. Some high points some low points with lots of screaming along the way. I do think however that as we charge into next week we will think even with the low points that it was a good weekend overall. At least that's what I am hoping for ...

No comments:

Post a Comment