Welcome...

For those that like to dream, come in. For those that like to laugh, come in. For those that like to cry and be inspired...please come in. Our family is like any other, but is extraordinary in it's own right. Come and join us at our campfire and laugh a little, cry a little and leave us, but please come back. We love company...

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Window to my soul...

Everyone has something. Something that inspires them. Something that makes them cry, laugh and feel really alive. For me it's music. I have watched Polly truly sink herself into her novels. Both writing and reading. I have a painting on my wall of a beach in Hawaii that her sister Lori did for me....that's it for her....art. For Jon it's exercise. He loves it...and wishes he could do a little every day. Wow...more power to him! For my daughter Megan it's animals...she would be so content if we lived a farm....but for me it's music through and through..


I cry every week in church. I try not to, I can't help it. It can be so embarrassing...really. I try to hide it because good grief...it's almost every week! It's not always a sad crying...just crying. It's just that music is the window to my soul. You can know exactly how I am feeling by seeing what is currently playing on my ipod. And it changes everyday.


Some days it's classical. Some days it's show tunes. This week it's Glee music. Man do I love it. I love to dance with my kids to the newest music they listen to. One of my personal favorites right now is Jason Derulo....man I like him. I also have always loved Black Eyed Peas. But at the same time my ipod is filled with music from Peter Breinholt and even some Motab. I just love music...all of it...

Today I realized that my ipod had sat in my ear so long that I actually had an earache. So what did I do? I just moved it to the other ear. I can't have it in both ears or I can't hear the kids trying to kill each other. Now some days that's ok, but most of the time I have to be able to hear what they are doing because if not it might mean that my baby gets caught in the middle of the murder session and I might lose a good kid.... :)

Music is most definitely the window to my soul....well that and writing. I don't consider myself much of a writer....I just do it because it makes me feel good. But I love my music. Next time we are in church together, glance over to me and see if you can catch a tear in my eye..I am sure you could. Mother's day is the worst. When the kids all get up and sing to their mom's I always lose it...it can be so embarrassing...

If you ever want to set me into a certain mood...just pick the kind of music that would go with that mood. It works every time!

No comments:

Post a Comment