Welcome...

For those that like to dream, come in. For those that like to laugh, come in. For those that like to cry and be inspired...please come in. Our family is like any other, but is extraordinary in it's own right. Come and join us at our campfire and laugh a little, cry a little and leave us, but please come back. We love company...

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I need a break

Have you ever heard yourself saying "I need a break" ? I have found that I say this quite often and I am a little ashamed for it.

But really, let's look at this logically. The other day our bishop came over to our home to see how we were and he said something that hit home pretty hard. He talked about how women who choose to stay home sacrifice a good third of their life for their children. Now dont get me wrong, every parent sacrifices for their kids...every parent. But those of us who stay home lose a good 25 to 30 years to the cause. Its a worthy cause, but look at it this way...we don't get paid monetarily, we don't have workmates to have lunch with and we don't get promoted...but we still love it anyway. Really we do.

What I have found is that we need to find the humor in our everyday routine. Several months ago Polly and I actually found the time to "get away". Now, in our paranoia as moms we always take with us our cell phones so that when one of the kids loses an arm we can come home on a moments notice. Well, there we were, watching a really dumb movie (there was nothing else to see...) and right at a good part, the only good part, Polly's cell phone rings. We both jump and the adrenaline starts as we both guess as to who is injured or lost. She excuses herself and by the time she returned she looked both annoyed and humored.
"What, what is it?"
"Well, it was Tawni...she wanted to know if she could have some tots!"
Oh my goodness....
"You mean she called to ask if she could have some tatertots?"
"Yup....thats right..."

We still laugh about that one, unless we have had a hard day with our kids and then we retell that story with sheer annoyance....

Jon and I don't have much better luck with breaks. We leave and within 10 minutes the phone rings...
"I hate her...make her leave!"
I try to calm my oldest down...
"Just ignore her, she will leave you alone if you leave her alone."
"I still hate her and want her to go to a friends house....please!"

It's so hard to find time away and it's even harder to find it when you leave the kids alone, with a phone and number where I can be reached.

Next time I will be leaving the country, without a cell phone and no agenda....maybe then I can catch that much needed break....

Mabye...

No comments:

Post a Comment