Welcome...

For those that like to dream, come in. For those that like to laugh, come in. For those that like to cry and be inspired...please come in. Our family is like any other, but is extraordinary in it's own right. Come and join us at our campfire and laugh a little, cry a little and leave us, but please come back. We love company...

Monday, September 14, 2009

Sun up...sun down...

Last night was a beautiful night. It wasnt cold but it wasnt hot either. Just right. Jon and I sat on the front lawn with Chris and Angie and talked while the kids played happily. I am sorry to say that I did not notice when the sun went down. I did notice it was gone when I couldnt see the kids across the lawn anymore. It slipped down behind the mountain so quietly that I almost forgot it had even been up that day. But when it was gone I noticed.
This morning I did notice when it wasnt up yet becuase usually when I drive Jr High I get an eye full as I am driving up Pollys hill to get Beka. It wasnt in my eyes. As I drove home from the school it crept over the mountian and into my eyes. For one glorious moment it was as though it was there just to shine on me. I needed that today. I had a hard night and felt very weepy and I guess I needed to know there was something bigger than me waiting to light my way through the day. As I look out the window even now the clouds have covered up the sun and I can no longer see it. It was there just at the right moment, just when I needed to see it.
I believe thats how the Lord works sometimes. He is so quiet that you dont notice he's there until he's gone and then it's not only noticable but there is an emptiness there. You have to look through squinted eyes to see things that are usually very visible and right in front of your face. But when you truly need him there he is...shining as bright as the sun and keeping your path light as you walk through hard times.
I love the sun. I love everything it embodies. Light, warmth, day...flowers will bloom for it, trees drink from its nurishment and people, all people bask in its light and warmth. How closely it paralells the Lord and what he is to us...

No comments:

Post a Comment