Welcome...

For those that like to dream, come in. For those that like to laugh, come in. For those that like to cry and be inspired...please come in. Our family is like any other, but is extraordinary in it's own right. Come and join us at our campfire and laugh a little, cry a little and leave us, but please come back. We love company...

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Some one motivate me....please....

Here I am with tons of laundry and dishes, lots of dirty germy kids, and bills spilling out over the countertop and I barely have the motivation to sit and write a blog. Why is that?

There are some days where I can call my friend and brag to her about how much I have done in a small amount of time. The conversations go something like this....
"Hi Polly....what you up to?"
Before she has a chance to answer completely I start talking as fast as I can...
"Well, I can tell you what I have been up to. I have rotated 3 loads of laundry, 2 loads of dishes, taken all 6 kids to school, with clean clothes on! I have changed and fed the other 3, blood sugars are done, insulin shots done, I have made my bed and now I am cleaning the toilet. And it's only 9 am. "

I sit back very proud of myself while she ogles at my sucess of the day. She says that she has barely pulled herself out of bed and will I wait for a moment while she uses the bathroom.

Now, in all fairness the exact opposite can happen the next day with me telling her how accomplished she is for having just waxed her floor and washed the car when I have barely pulled on my soft socks and only just used the bathroom myself for the first time, at 10 am...

Some days I get so much done while others I only get done what needs to be done to survive. Now, as I follow facebook and my many friends on there I have found that I am not alone in this dilema. There are days where I marvel at what certain people have done and there are days where I wish I could lay about the way some of my friends do. So I guess I am pretty normal. Today happens to be one of the lazy days. There is mess all around me and if my neighbors were to come over right now I would claim that a tornado had just plowed through my kitchen and was on it's way to the laundry room. It could be the only possible explanation for how things looked. Right?

Oh well, maybe tomorrow I will have that motivation back and I will get sooo much done. As for now I sit here listening to music, dreaming about a warm day on a beautiful sandy beach I like to call Heaven (aka: Sunset Beach)....for tomorrow the reality will set back in and I will have to accept that the closest I am going to come to Sunset Beach is cleaning off the mud from my 3 year old when puts the hose in the sand box again....:)

No comments:

Post a Comment