Welcome...

For those that like to dream, come in. For those that like to laugh, come in. For those that like to cry and be inspired...please come in. Our family is like any other, but is extraordinary in it's own right. Come and join us at our campfire and laugh a little, cry a little and leave us, but please come back. We love company...

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Potty training...again....

So here I am in the midst of potty training another child. Colby is my 8th one down this road and I have to say that it never gets any easier with the more children you have to train. The only thing that makes it easier is knowing it will eventually happen. But you have no idea exactly how hard it's going to be.

In my 17 years as a mom and I have seen so much and experienced so much. I had kids that trained in one day. Yes, one day. That was the easiest kid ever to train. I simply told him one day that I refused to put a diaper on him and by midday he was in underwear and fully trained. Heaven on earth I say. Then I had another child that was so hard that she was still wetting her pants after a year (funny that I heard boys were harder than girls!).

As for Colby though. He is such a great kid. He loves life and loves to run around with no worries, no clothes, watching Scooby Doo as much as possible and commenting on every truck he sees go by. He is boy through and through. My first two boys were not that hard to potty train. They both are very anal and hated to be in wet or stinky clothes. So this is my first experince with a boy that has not a care in the world. I think I have my work cut out for me.

As we speak he is sitting here next to me, completely naked and wanting a diaper on.

Good luck to me.

1 comment:

  1. OK, I seriously need a nap just reading about what you are up to.....ugh. God bless moms!

    ReplyDelete