Welcome...

For those that like to dream, come in. For those that like to laugh, come in. For those that like to cry and be inspired...please come in. Our family is like any other, but is extraordinary in it's own right. Come and join us at our campfire and laugh a little, cry a little and leave us, but please come back. We love company...

Friday, October 22, 2010

Joseph

My little man Joe. The birth of every one of my children is my special moment. My moment when I see the faces of the kids that know me and I know them beyond all time. Each and every baby is this way...but with Joe it was exceptional. I won't say my pregnancy was easy with him. Non of them were, but that pregnancy is when I really started to feel my age, feel the down sides of pregnancy. Each of the others was easy by comparison. His labor was long, he was turned the wrong way and my epidural had been done wrong. I went from throwing up with a blood pressure of 80/40 to pain....lots and lots of pain. At 5:38pm he came into this world. The doctor put him into my arms and the very second I looked into his face I knew. My heart and mind screamed to me...."I remember you now!". That's exactly what my soul told me....I even said the words to him. I remembered him. That moment was like my soul was remembering someone that I had forgotten. It was intense and it was the one of the sweetest moments as a parent for me to this point. He was meant to be my child and I was meant to be his mom.

He is a sensitive soul....very sensitive. But like any boy, you touch on that nerve and you get an earful. You mess with the bull you get the horns. He loves trucks, cars, superheros and villains. Maybe the villains too much. He also loves barbies, dress ups and to watch McKenna get ready for a dance. He seems conflicted at times and I have always wondered what his future holds, but no matter what it holds he is my sweet boy and he and I have a sweet connection.

More than any of my children he would cuddle as a little guy. He would sit on the couch with me and cuddle for hours. Sometimes when my kids get their hands all over me I get a little claustrophobic, but not with him. His touch is soothing to me and I always love it. I often ask him to play with my hair, and he loves to do it.

He doesn't play with friends a lot. He doesn't ask to go friends houses and he likes to be home. He is a home body and I am ok with that. As long as he still wants to move out when he grows up....that is a must for all my kids! :)

Joseph is feisty and strong...and he can be less than nice at times, but he is also one of the most observant and loyal of my children. Family is family...I have always felt strongly about this and I think I see it in his eyes and heart as well. He and I will always be close...that was clear the first moment I laid eyes on him.

He will be strong in whatever he chooses to do in this life. He will and does go forward strongly and he doesn't ever look back. He forgives more than any child I have and he doesn't hold a grudge. He loves life, and the people around him. I love this about him.

No comments:

Post a Comment