Welcome...

For those that like to dream, come in. For those that like to laugh, come in. For those that like to cry and be inspired...please come in. Our family is like any other, but is extraordinary in it's own right. Come and join us at our campfire and laugh a little, cry a little and leave us, but please come back. We love company...

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The boys vs the girls...

Ok...we are going to go for a few light hearted posts for a while. I love my deeper side, but life has tons of fun and laughter to be had. Today Polly and I found some.

Boys. They are rough, loud, like to wrestle and call each other "dude" all the time. Girls are sensitive, more quiet, prefer nail painting to wrestling and use terms like "sweetie" and "hun". I have 5 girls and 4 boys. Shy of adopting another boy we are as close as we are going to get to making it even. I love seeing the differences between the boys and the girls. I mean, there are the obvious things, like boys like legos and sports and the girls like dolls and jewelry.

I have to say that it's fun to watch the kids when they cross over just a bit from one side to the other. My kids are very competitive and they will often have races. My cute little Abby will win these every time...even against Isaac and Megan. The other day when Joey walked by I noticed that his toe nails were painted. I had to laugh when I found that not only were his painted but so were Colbys and Skylers. I guess the new nail polish that Lacie had gotten for her birthday had to be tried out on more than just herself. Abby and Lacie painted anyone who happened to stop long enough to let them. Skyler's nails are still painted...

As a mom I have much enjoyed watching my kids and how different their personalities are. But I will say that there are distinct similarities between the girls and the boys. Isaac and Colby have recently started to wrestle. Isaac isnt quite as rough with Colby as he is with his friends his same age, but he still does it. I yell, I scream, I try to pull them apart...but alas..it's a lost cause. Same goes for the girls. They primp, they do each others hair, they wear each others clothes...and then have sleep overs on each others floors and talk girl talk.

I love to watch it unfold...the things the kids do with each other. I love to see Colbys eyes when Isaac lets him into his room on one of those rare occasions where he lets Colby in. The look in Colbys eye is so sweet as he ogles over all of the lego men, castles and transformers. It's heaven on earth to him and if he could he would spend all day in there with Isaac explaining every little item and showing him every little thing. It's one little boy looking up to the big boy and it's so sweet. Lacie does the same thing with McKenna. Unfortunately Kenna is almost always annoyed with us at this point and doesnt like the kids to bug her, especially in her room. But when she can Lacie will watch Kenna put on her makeup, she will help her pick out cute clothes and gazes sweetly at all the best friends pictures Kenna has on her walls of her and her friends at the mall. If she could pick anyone to be like in the family it would be Kenna. McKenna doesnt even know how much my little girls look up to her, and yet they do.

Most of the time its cute things to watch and fun things to see, but every now and again its just plain annoying...like this morning when Polly and I took the kids to the pool. Isaac was hellbent on getting Polly and I wet. He had to sit and squirt us from every angle with his little water gun and with no ammount of threatening would he stop. He was going to get us wet and laugh out loud while doing it. The thing with the girls that drives me nuts is that if I leave my makeup bag anywhere to be found its dug through and often times things come up missing. Same thing happens with my perfume. I better buy 3 bottles because 2 will be gone before the end of the week.

I will have to say that I always wanted girls. More than anything I wanted a bunch of little girls. I dreamt of the day when my home would be filled with dolls, dress ups and tea party stuff. I had no idea having boys would just as much fun. I love having both and watching them all grow up together and seeing how different they can be. I am glad I get to see the differences and get hugs and kisses from both. Little boys are so tender with their moms and seem to be protective from a very early age. Little girls want to be like their moms and seem to mimic them. I love all nine of my kids and am having so much fun watching them grow up and become such neat people!

I think I will go now so that my little ginger who is my lap can get the proper hugs and cuddles he's wanting. Tomorrow he may want to douse me with water, so I better get in the cuddling while I can....

No comments:

Post a Comment