Welcome...

For those that like to dream, come in. For those that like to laugh, come in. For those that like to cry and be inspired...please come in. Our family is like any other, but is extraordinary in it's own right. Come and join us at our campfire and laugh a little, cry a little and leave us, but please come back. We love company...

Friday, November 12, 2010

Beauty and The Beast

I remember the first time I saw this movie, right as it came out. I was pregnant with McKenna and I went to the theatres at Trolly Square and watched, completely alone, and loved every moment of it.

Disney. I don't care what some people say about "damsels in distress" and weird phallic symbols. They have entertained us and our children for years with shows that contain music instead of bad language. Vibrant scenery instead horrible bloody violence. Good characters with good lives instead of drugs, sex and whatever else the movie industry is trying to put into our heads. I love Disney.

My favorite was The Little Mermaid until Beauty and the Beast came out. But there are others. The Lion King...love so many of those characters. Hercules..."someone call IXII!". Let's not forget Aladin, A Goofy Movie (Jon's favorite), The Santa Clause, all the Toy Story movies, The Incredibles and of course Colby's favorite Cars.

Feel good movies with a moral to the story and good things to say. I will also say that there are a lot of people that have gone to see movies like Scream, 300, Halloween and Natural Born Killers but I think Disney has a bigger more devoted following. I have yet to meet someone that doesn't like at least some of the Disney movies. They're just too good not to.

Like I said before my favorite is Beauty and the Beast. It was the first time I saw it and it continues to be. I love the setting, love the characters, love the story line. The music is catchy, Belle and Beast are fun to watch and no one can watch without loving Gastons little chubby sidekick.

Disney has done such a great job of giving us awesome movies for our kids to watch. Thank you Disney, and please keep it up. I hope for new movies to enjoy for years to come.

1 comment:

  1. Beauty and the beast in my favorite too. I love how kind Bell is and how she is kind, but also firm. And she is always willing to help. And it doesn't hurt that she loves books almost as much as I do. Oh I want a library like hers.

    ReplyDelete