Welcome...

For those that like to dream, come in. For those that like to laugh, come in. For those that like to cry and be inspired...please come in. Our family is like any other, but is extraordinary in it's own right. Come and join us at our campfire and laugh a little, cry a little and leave us, but please come back. We love company...

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Summer

I absolutely love summer. This has to be and has always been my very favorite time of year. When I was a kid I liked the snow, I like the leaves in the fall and the flowers in the spring...but above all I loved summer. Where I grew up they have a community pool and I was there everyday. I would go alone all the time without complaint. I preferred to go with friends, but with or without I was there. My skin was always brown and my feet were tough as nails from walking everywhere without shoes. I am still this way. If I can find a pool to take the kids to, I am there. I rarely if ever wear shoes and my skin is currently a nice shade of brown.

Polly and I sat outside yesterday with the kids for it was the first day in a long time where it was actually nice enough to do that. I had Kenna get a baby pool, I turned on the sprinklers, pulled out lawn chairs and sodas and there we were. That's where I plan on being most of the next 2 and half months. It's where I am the happiest.

I am not sure what it is about summer that I love so much. It gets hot, the kids are home 24/7, my house is a mess and I spend a lot more money on food than during the school year. I must spend $220 just on popsicles each summer. But I love it. I have this long laundry list of things that are wonderful to me about summer...

No homework
No car pools
Lemonade stands
Swimming pools
Lawn chairs and friends to go in them
Fire pits with friends
Evening walks
Soft green grass that's been freshly mowed
Chalk drawings on the driveway
Canyon drives
Day trips to the lakes to swim and picnic
Camping

I could go on and on. I think this is why I struggle so much during the cold months of the year. I want so desperately to be out of the house and doing some of these things that it's hard not to be able to so much of the year. I am about the warm months, always have been.

Posts from me for the next three months will be happy, carefree and content. It's summertime....

No comments:

Post a Comment